Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mogunner
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating   Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:41 am

Well, I started with a tool for the 91/30 front sight, then it kind of snowballed. At the present time I machine two versions of the tools, what I call the "Range Buddy" and "Gunsmith". You can read more about them on my website at Elby Custom Services, I tried to post a link but being a newbie I can't do that for another 7 days it says...I'll update as I can!

Currently I have listed ones for the Soviet and Albanian 91/30's, the 1946 and up M44 and T53, and the M38 and 91/59, but I also make special order ones for the pre-1946 M44 as well as whatever particular Mosin you might come up with that my regular tools don't fit.

I also do powdercoating, which was the original focus of my "hobby" but the sight tools quickly took over my time. In the past year I've shipped to 8 countries and I'm pretty sure close to all 50 states, if I ever get a bit of free time I may check on that and see if there's any states that I have yet to send one too!

You can also find my sights stocked at buymilsurp.com, but at a bit higher price than through me, of course!
Back to top Go down
Ape

PostSubject: Re: Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating   Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:44 am

cheers

I guess I really need to order a few of these from you one of these days. But all of mine still don't need adjusting.
However, I'm liking the idea of putting a bull barrel on a Mosin to see what kind of accuracy I can get out of one like silvertip has already done.
Back to top Go down
mogunner
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating   Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:50 am

I'm considering that as well, since I have a complete T53 with a sewer pipe for a bore that keyholes EVERY round at 25 yards...IF I can get the old barrel out, I've started messing with it but need to build the wrenches first I can tell. If not, and the funds loosed up here soon I suppose I could buy the barrel and receiver from ClassicArms and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Ape

PostSubject: Re: Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating   Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:54 am

Sounds like you have the perfect project gun to me! cheers
Back to top Go down
mogunner
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating   Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 am

Yep, it was one of those $65 ones that Omega was selling a while back, I think I got the last one he had. He had them listed on his site as being in "Fair" condition, I guess he has some other scale that he uses as far as that goes. When I complained to him about the bore being crap, he just said "I just grabbed one that looked good to me"...

I heard he has more now, but once burned I'm pretty cautious. I have read that a lot of people got good ones from him, so it might have just been my luck. I think I'll save up and get an actual M44 or M38 for my carbine fix, or like you say use this one as a project if they still have the heavy barrels by the time my finances here straighten out, but no telling how soon that'll be!
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating   Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:39 am

Im sorry it wont let you post your link Mogunner. Thats an example of the kinda bullshit restriction I was trying to get away from by starting this place. Laughing But I guess that is actually a good one. So it slows down the spammers a bit.

Here tis... (I hope it lets me post it)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
mogunner
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating   Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:10 am

I think it's on here several times now, lol... if nothing else a quick Google for Elby Mosin Nagant sight tools will bring it right up.
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating   Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:16 am

Ya. As im learnin more, I did find where I can turn that feature off lol. But I figured for now I will leave it on to combat spammers.
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating   

Back to top Go down

Mosin front sight adjusting tools and powder coating
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1