Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Hello from OK.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jeremyw27

PostSubject: Hello from OK.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 am

I bought my first Mosin about 2 years ago. the family really enjoys shooting them. we now own 6 of them right now. my wife had me sporterize hers with ATI stock, scope mount, and bent bolt handle. We set one up to look like the sniper version but would still like to find an authinic sniper some day. the other 4 are hex recievers and will stay as is. my wife always brags that hers is nicer than all the others so me and my 10 year old son is planning on building a sporter that will shut her up. as of right now we are in the planning stage and are in the market for another round reciever mosin. I hope to get some ideas and input as we start our project.
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OK.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Welcome to the forum. Wow! 6 Mosins in 2 years. Thats awesome. I hope we can help you out. There are some instructional videos coming this summer. Several things from Barrel Removal, to Muzzle Threading.
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
jeremyw27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OK.   Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks, I wouuld like help with barrel removal. From what I have read it is really hard to get them to break loose. I have a kit to thread the muzzle but I just haven't gotten around to it. I got lucky with the 6 mosins. there for a while before obama started his stuff they kept popping up on armslist for less than 100.00. Everyone seems to think they are Russian crap. As far as I am concerned they can keep thinking that and I will gladly take them off their hands.
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OK.   Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:54 am

jeremyw27 wrote:
Everyone seems to think they are Russian crap. As far as I am concerned they can keep thinking that and I will gladly take them off their hands.

Ya. Wink Our little secret. In terms of number of kills, out of the top 100 snipers in recorded history, over 90% of those were shooting the 54r cartridge (and the vast majority of those was the Mosin Nagant). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Intersting fact, in 1943 Russia, there were over 2000 women snipers. Several of which rank well ahead of the US in number of kills. For instance, Lyudmila Pavlichenko ranks 40th with 309kills.

Its a perfectly capable long range gun imo. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from OK.   

Back to top Go down

Hello from OK.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum :: Welcome to the world of Mosinitus!-
Jump to: