Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

7.62x54r Improved

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: 7.62x54r Improved   Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:58 pm

I'll watch it and let the gunsmith know thanks.
Back to top Go down
Will Hunt

PostSubject: Re: 7.62x54r Improved   Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:41 pm

This is exciting stuff! Do you happen to know what the  increase of chamber pressure is?
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 7.62x54r Improved   Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:24 pm

If loaded properly, there shouldnt be any increase.

In other words, by increasing the volume of the case, a suitable powder must be properly selected. Which would mean a slower powder.  Slower meaning, slower than standard 54r powders.

Conversely, if one was to fully load standard 54r powders into the Improved case, that would probably create dangerous pressures.

But more concretely, (<if that is a word) in real world tests, I always closely examine my spent cartridges and have never exceeded any pressures that I normally wouldnt exceed with my standard 54r reloads.

There for a while, I was regularly shooting HOT loads (55gr+ of N540 with 180gr bullet and mag primer) and quickly resulted in loose primer pockets. But exhibited no signs of action over pressure (such as sticky bolt or difficult extraction).

Additionally me and another fellow on here have the QuickLoad software for an additional frame of reference, and once dialled in, it indicates that I am not exceeding standard 54r pressures.

Thanks for the great question thumb
Back to top Go down
http://54rimroved.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7.62x54r Improved   

Back to top Go down

7.62x54r Improved
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3