Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

1934 Tula Hex

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ampersand

PostSubject: 1934 Tula Hex   Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:18 pm

I picked this up today:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
1934 Tula hex

I don't know a lot about these so fill me in. Numbers seem to match on receiver, bolt, mag, and buttplate. Not Counter-Bored. Stock is obviously refinished. What's the deal with the front sight? Did it not get upgraded or does this sight mean something else?

Also, it has no bayonet or cleaning rod. If somebody wants to sell or trade for these let me know. I have a thread in the for sale section with trades (I'll sell the trade items too)
Back to top Go down
ampersand

PostSubject: Re: 1934 Tula Hex   Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Took it shooting today an shot it side by side with the carbines.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/URL]
The longer sight radius of the rifle is noticeable and probably helps accuracy for most shooters. My son and I both liked the older style front sight without the hood better; first time either of us have shot one.

We both agree the 91/59 had the best trigger and the 91/30 the worst. The M44 was in-between the others in all aspects.

My son really preferred the rifle but I liked shooting the 91/59 much better. A good trigger is more important to me than it is to him. I shot noticeably better with the 91/59 while he shot better with the rifle.

If any of these leaves it will certainly be the M44 that goes first.
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1934 Tula Hex   Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Well well well.... Looks like someone is definitely infected. Really nice shooter there. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"If any of these leaves it will certainly be the M44 that goes first." My feelings aswell.
Back to top Go down
http://54rimroved.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1934 Tula Hex   

Back to top Go down

1934 Tula Hex
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum :: ID your Mosin. Keepin it real and original. The Mosin Collector-
Jump to: