Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

7.62x54R brass strength

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rbarnes

PostSubject: 7.62x54R brass strength   Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I have inserted a few reloadable brass casings for all to check out.
The Lapua on left seems to be the better built as far as web and head strength. The Partisan brass has a very thin primer cup/ flash hole area and the web area of the 2 casings on right could be alot stronger. I add this for those of us pondering wildcatting this cartridge as it is something to think about. Hope it helps!!
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 7.62x54R brass strength   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:40 am

Thank you! Outstanding post.  thumb 

Lapua is the best ive ever used (used all the above). For just standard 54r loadin, ive always liked PPU. The primers sit down in them very nicely (flush or below flush). And the Winchesters suck, its all I can do to barely get the primers flush in them. And they have the worst non-concentric necks. 

I have some egyptian brass I should cut open. Just for curiosity.
Back to top Go down
http://54rimroved.com

7.62x54R brass strength
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1