Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

WTB M39 stock

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dieselfitter

PostSubject: WTB M39 stock   Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:29 pm

New mosin owner here, just purchased an M39 and it is a nice rifle, shoots really well, but has a terrible stock.  It is usable, but it would be nice to have a better stock than what I have, preferably in M39.  Mine is a Sako, has the gear logo and has been cracked around the rear of the receiver (where they typically do), repaired by armory, then  re-cracked further down the stock now.   It also has been repaired along the lower part of the sling indent.  I don't know how long these things take to continue cracking or even if it ever will since I will not shoot this rifle much.  Since this is such a fine shooter, I would like to replace the wood with like.  I have looked at the aftermarket stocks and really don't like what I see.  I guess I am just old fashioned. 

So if anyone has an M39 stock in good condition or knows of where to purchase one, please advise.

Thank you,
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WTB M39 stock   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome aboard  welc

I will keep an eye out. I have a friend that has several mosin stocks layin around. Dont know if he will part with them. I'll ask.
Back to top Go down
http://54rimroved.com
dieselfitter

PostSubject: Re: WTB M39 stock   Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Thank you SilverTip.  I appreciate your effort to help me out.
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: WTB M39 stock   Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:54 pm

dieselfitter wrote:
New mosin owner here, just purchased an M39 and it is a nice rifle, shoots really well, but has a terrible stock.  It is usable, but it would be nice to have a better stock than what I have, preferably in M39.  Mine is a Sako, has the gear logo and has been cracked around the rear of the receiver (where they typically do), repaired by armory, then  re-cracked further down the stock now.   It also has been repaired along the lower part of the sling indent.  I don't know how long these things take to continue cracking or even if it ever will since I will not shoot this rifle much.  Since this is such a fine shooter, I would like to replace the wood with like.  I have looked at the aftermarket stocks and really don't like what I see.  I guess I am just old fashioned. 

So if anyone has an M39 stock in good condition or knows of where to purchase one, please advise.

Thank you,

I know I am a century late and all, but would a 91/30 stock work for the M39 action? If it would and you still need a stock I have one. Only issue is that it is missing the front clamp ring (I bent it too much removing it).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB M39 stock   

Back to top Go down

WTB M39 stock
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1