Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Hello from Wisconsin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Izhevsk-Rich

PostSubject: Hello from Wisconsin   Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:04 am

Hi. My name is Rich. I bought a Mosin. Then I bought another. And another. Then I bought a T53, does that qualify as a Mosin? Then I bought another T53. Then I got really addicted, and had to have all matching arsenal marks on my Mosins. And then I had to refinish the stocks to make them shiny. Oh man, Mosins are just too cool. I hope I never get cured of Mosinitus. Other than my new addiction, I am happy to around others with this affliction. Maybe I could have said,"Hello, my name is Rich, and I am a Mosinholic."
Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin   Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:35 am

oh man you got it bad
I think I would prescribe a lot and I mean ALOT of 7.62x54r ammo and call us in the morning

all they all stock?
have you slugged them?
my guess your going to love it here welcome
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin   Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Wow Rick!  You should go directly to see Nurse Anya!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Theres nothing wrong with t53's imo. shweet I actually prefer them for builds. They are machined MUCH nicer.
Back to top Go down
http://54rimroved.com
Izhevsk-Rich

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin   Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:44 am

I have a 1939 Tula 91/30, #s matching, all Tula arsenal parts which I refinished with MinWax Antique Maple stain and Tung Oil, looks like new, very nice gun, and has about a 12 lb. trigger pull, but I'm keeping it that way. I call it my blondie.
1943 Izhevsk High Wall 91/30, #s matching but a forced match on floor plate, I purchased a wartime stock for it (that looks like it went through the war) and refinished it with MinWax Gunstock stain and Tung Oil, also a nice looking rifle.
1939 Izzy, I hacked the barrel down to 26", attached an ATI scope mount, is now in an ATI stock that is free floated, custom bent bolt, but I am waiting for a different custom bent bolt to come in the mail (the original one for the rifle) and I have a Boyds walnut stock to put it in, and then I will change the Barska scope after I purchase a Nikon or Leupold for it. This is going to be my new deer hunting rifle when I am finished. This rifle looks modern for being 75 years old.
1954.12 T53 all original, no mods, stock all beat up and worn bluing.
1954.7 T53. I refinished the stock with no stain with Tung Oil, it is a very dark reddish brown, I cut the bayonet lug off, put on a muzzle brake, added an ATI scope mount, put on a time period correct Weaver scope and a custom bent bolt. I also put on a black nylon cheek rest and a rubber recoil pad. This carbine shoots great, good trigger and amazing fireballs at dusk.
Nurse Anya appears to be a post 38 Tula nurse, the best kind of nurse.
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin   Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:01 pm

A first rate collection you have there! shweet
Back to top Go down
http://54rimroved.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Wisconsin   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Wisconsin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top