Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Hello from Florida

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mbrans1968

PostSubject: Hello from Florida   Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Just touching base.  I picked up a T-53 about a year and a half ago after reading about the Mosins. I was a tad disappointed that the gunshow I went to didn't have any Russian Mosins, on the other hand I really like the one I got anyways. The stock is beat to crap and there is a bit of pitting on the bolt handle(adds character) looks like it was drug around the jungle for a bit.  I found a couple 91/30 hex's in Tennesee and should have them by the end of the month. I decided I want to do a heavy barrel target gun next year. Growing up around cars and enjoying classics I am a tad hesitant to disassemble a complete original rifle and modify it. I was pretty much resigned to having to do that, but after checking on Gunbroker non-stop for a few months I was able to get 4- barreled receivers in a package deal for a pretty good price! Being of modest means, I intend on getting the rest of the parts together over the next few months and to assemble 3 of them over the course of next year. I intend on mine being scoped, timney trigger, bull barrel and Archangel stock, The wife wants one of the laminated thumbhole stocks and she will get the timney trigger and scope too. Probably stick with the factory barrel on hers as it wont see as much range time, but should be pretty when done.  My brother will get the third one not sure how it will be done yet. In the meantime I will be checking around the site for ideas and tips.
Thanks

PS. If I accidentally thumbed down someones post, I didn't realize what the symbols on the upper right were until I clicked it  idk Embarassed oops, sorry.
Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:57 pm

well welcome
I haven't been to a gun show lately to see what's here locally
but I do have my eye on a M44 from AIM surplus
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but so far just been working on my 91/30 always seems to be something new I want for this one
just ordered a 12" AR500 gong and a drag bag so spent what I was saving

this is a nice place a lot of good info and good people
I think you'll find fans no mater what you end up doing to yours
I cant say enough good things about the Timmy trigger and the archangel I have both and love them
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:05 am

welc   Howdy! Glad to meet you. You definitely are on the right track. Cant wait to see what you build.  thumb
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
mbrans1968

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:54 am

Thanks, I will be poking around for ideas while I get everything together. Looks like a lot of good info here. Glad to be here!
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:32 pm

Theres a whole ton more info coming soon, if I can just get time to get it posted. lol  Trying to get my latest one ready to shoot and get some range reports up.

You dont happen to be near Anna Marie Island are yuh?
Back to top Go down
mbrans1968

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Looks like about 80 miles south of me. I am closer to New Port Richey, but since most people aren't familiar with that, I just say the Tampabay area. LOL. I am new to the rifles. Started with building the AK kits, and then just found the Mosins to be really cool rifles, and started checking them out. It sucks I wasn't more familiar with them about ten years ago. I vaguely remember going by a rack of rifles at a gunshow back then that were running about $79 each and thought that they must be junk and just kept going. Could of had quite the stable by now if I had known better. I am hoping to get the two hex's by the end of  the month, clean them up and start going to an outdoor range to work out to a hundred yards. Once i get the project guns done, I think there is a 1,000 yard range in Manatee county with varying distances to work out to.
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Oh, I know the feeling. If only we had a time machine. Smile

Sounds like your infection is growin pretty fast. Just wait till you build one and it shoots better than you imagined. shweet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Florida   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Florida
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1