Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

has anyone used that Quickload software ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LVJake7761

PostSubject: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:17 pm

has anyone used the Quickload Software.?
with powders being so hard to get as soon as I find one I like it seems to dry up
I've been looking at it for some time it really looks to be informative

I'd like to use it to find the best powders for the 7.62x54r maybe come up with a list of good powders
maybe with a ranking system so I know how it rates to the other powders that are in stock
I can take with me to the store so I can get the best they have at the time

I really fell in love with the Hodgen 4350 but haven't seen it in my local store for months
I like Varget too but not as much as H4350 the Varget is just as accurate but my MV isn't as fast
of course this only matters when shooting for distance and I still have a bottle of Varget but its not going to last

there also looks to be so much more that the software can teach me I'm really fascinated just a little Leary to pull the trigger
on spendin the cash
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:21 am

I have Quick Design. But really also want Quick Load.  Ive done a good bit of research and believe QuickLoad is probaby the best civilian software of its kind.
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:28 am

Heres some work ive done in QuickDesign

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:18 pm

that's very cool

once you come up with a new case design where do you go from there ?
I would think you can use that data to turn a copy on a lathe but then what .?
it still needs to fit a chamber right.?
can you machine a chamber to use to test it also.?

as far as the software I ordered it this morning
I went out testing some loads on Saturday
shot a few of my load #32 - 53.7g H4350, fed match primer, and 174g Sierra Match Kings

I believed this to be my most accurate load and it has been the load I shoot most of the time
but I wanted to work up some hunting bullets
my buddy has been trying to talk me into coyote hunting so I got some 150g prohunters
and some 180g prohunters figured I'd use this Varget powder I had and since I wasn't going to shoot these for distance speed was not a factor just plane accuracy
laddered up some and went out I found a load with the 150g
I'm calling this load #34-4 and its 49.6g Varget with CCI #200 primers 150g ProHunters
I shot a .425" 4 round group @ 100 yards kicking my match kings ass
match kings for the day were around 2'' something has changed with them and I need to find out what
I think this quickload software might help me do that least I hope so
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:51 am

54rimproved.com
Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:06 am

wow impressive stuff
this is way over my head lol

but I can see how interesting this is
if I had metal working experience I'd so be into learning about this
guess they don't make bullets out of wood huh.?
although I have shot wood dowel's out of aluminum tubes
with great success I might add
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:57 pm

I didnt get into metal working/machining until I started my first mosin project (a rebarreled M44).
The 54r Improved was my second.
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:58 pm

do you have any test data for the 7mm Altius yet? Are you making it as an option to rebarrel/chamber the MN?
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:25 am

No test data yet. Still have to fit the barrel to the action.
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Fun... wish I had half your skill.... looking to take some machining classes to learn how to use a lathe and some other metal working equipment
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:40 pm

I suppose it depends on the person. But my advice is, work on getting the equipment first. While you are doing that, get with local machinist/friends or youtube machinists and learn and understand SAFE operations of said equipment. These machines can maim and kill you. Dont use them until you have read their manuals and understand how they can hurt/kill you.

I recommend ole Tubalcain. He has a USB of all his machining vids you can buy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have no formal training. Just good friends, a strong search engine, a will to create, and little fear of failure.
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Thanks.... I already subscribe to him on youtube... watch whenever I get a free chance... need to find the friends with the knowledge and equipment now....
Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:05 pm

i had a bit of an epiphany
going to head out next weekend to try to test it out

i've also had computer issues last few weeks my two solid state drives crashed most likely
caused by motherboard issues so still without a computer should get it back today
but in meantime i put quickload on my laptop this way and can take it to the the desert with me when i test
and with my new lee hand press and a box of primed brass i can adjust and load on the fly
hoping this will make for better test sessions

the excel workbook i used to determine my barrel time based on my barrel length
wile most likely very accurate does not take into account my muzzle brake dangling off the end of my barrel
which would act like a damper 

i have been noticing when i load a spread of rounds to test its never the load i think that will be accurate 
that is the most accurate 

so i'm going to try something different this time
i was shooting for a barrel time of 1.198ms for my node 6 thinking this was where i should be accurate
but i've been noticing a pattern of my really accurate load is at about 4% to 6% low
so this time i'm going to search for the most accurate barrel time then i'm going to try to recreate it next time out 
from last times data my best BT was 1.278ms @ 4% low i shot a .375" group @ 100 yards

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

so i put the day's data into quickload and tweek it to match my actual MV then go back to the Barrel Time
workbook and tweek it to match the barrel time if this works then its telling me my 21.9" barrel with a break acts
like a 20.9" barrel without a brake

back to quickload my new node 6 number i'm aiming for is 1.250ms for node 6 i adjust for temperature change
and my new load #60-80 will be 

#60-80 - 
174 g .311 Sierra Match King
61.2 g Norma MRP that's a 106% case fill so its a compressed load in my 66.26g fire formed cases
CCI #200 LR Primers
PPU Brass
Projected MV 2594 fps

also since it's been cold here now i been experimenting with using hot hands hand warmers 
to get my ammo to a predictable temperature i find if i start them the night before
in a small cooler i can keep my ammo at about 82* even in the cold so i'm trying this too
i don't like the idea of having to do this but with the unpredictable weather we've been having
i want to take out as many variables as i can
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:13 pm

WOW!! Nice work LVJake7761
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:31 pm

The QuickLoad software you use is it deveolped/sold by NECO? Been trying to find a software to use for reloads and developing my loads for each of my rifles & calibers
Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:57 pm

yes that's it
i love it but it does take a bit of work to get it to where you can trust it
there's a lot of variables that you need to tweak but if your saving your data
from loads you've already proven you can use that info to help get quickload set up properly
this program once set up will help you predict a load and the barrel time to go with it
you can adjust for temp and it will also tell you what are the best powders to use
for your load

you will need to save a fire formed case and if you slugged your barrel you will need that too 
you fill your fire formed case with a water soap solution to measure exactly how much water it will hold
and then measure your slug to tell quickload the profile of your bore
there are some other factors that quickload uses too but once you get it to predict a load you've already proven 
then you can start to predict new loads and tweak loads based on barrel time or pressure

i love this thing best money i've spent
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Cool thanks!!!!! I will pick Silvertip and yours brains for help.... I have a lot to learn especially barrel time... I found a site that is explaining it but will have to do more research and reading....

This site is AWESOME!!! & has several knowledgeable members! Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Heres some reading. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Before u buy quickload, listen to this podcast. You will have to fastforward after the first 11min or so.
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:13 pm

SilverTip wrote:
Before u buy quickload, listen to this podcast. You will have to fastforward after the first 11min or so.

Great podcast!! I ended up listening to several others and subscribing to their show... Have a lot of listening to do now.... Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anyone used that Quickload software ?   

Back to top Go down

has anyone used that Quickload software ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1