Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Hello from NC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fung_13

PostSubject: Hello from NC   Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Hello all!! I found this site from socamo.com. I own a MN 1929 91/30 and a Finnish 1944 M39. I am always in search of new information and knowledge on The MN. I am also always looking for new ideas on my next mod build. The 91/30 is in the process of its transformation. So far it is fitted to its new stock. I hope to learn a lot and meet new people.
Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:45 pm

you've come to the right place not a busy site here but there are good people here willing to help
welcome what are your plans for your MN ?
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:37 am

I am looking to reach out with it. I like long range shooting and in general tinkering, so I thought I would try my hand at nodding. I would like to ream it out for the 54R improved. But want to see what if anything the other stamping on it means before I do something permanent to it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:36 am

that's very cool if your thinking of going to 54r Improved then SilverTip is the guy you want to talk to
He's got a lot of posts about reaming out his rifles and he's helped me out a lot 
I haven't reamed out mine but I did start reloading and he's very knowledgeable about that as well 
be patent this site is very alive but lately been a little slow but a few of us still check in often
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:49 pm

I PM'd him but haven't received a response yet. I'll give it until may be Sunday or Monday to try and reach him again. I for one know how the week can get busy and life takes a back burner... No worries about members being around sometimes life happens... Thanks
Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:11 pm

ya he'll be around might take a few days I know he's been busy
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Welcome Fung Smile

Yup, i seen your message, just now checked them.

I dont currently build the barrels for anyone, just strictly for liability reasons. But am more than happy to walk someone through it. As you can imagine, this can be a dangerous endeavour, and in this sue happy world we live in, just not worth it.

I just went over the latest numbers for the 54r Improved, and it is pretty pleasing for me so far.

It blows the 30-06 away. It will push the same weight of bullets, faster and using less powder.

But the real surprise is, the latest numbers are neck and neck with many max 300 Win Mag loads. 
Bullet/velocity, we're getting the same speeds.
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Jake is single handedly keeping this site alive I think lol.  Between my website, and the facebook group (54r Improved) and all my other things, I only make it here bout once a week. Sad 

I'll find a way to integrate it into my site eventually tho.
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:00 pm

That is cool!!! I wasn't looking for a barrel already done up. I was just looking for the reamer(s). I have a gunsmith I am going to have actually do the task. I don't have the equipment at the moment to do it my self. I have wanted to do the 54R improved since I came across it over on socamo.com. I am still deciding if I want to do it to my current build since I haven't taken it to the gunsmith yet for the part I am having him do or wait until my next build.
I have caught the modding bug!!! hehehe 

Thanks
sniper
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:32 pm

My bad. Yes, there is a reamer floating around. But the guy that has it, is awol at the moment.
He's had it for 6 months or so, so if he ever makes contact, i'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
LVJake7761

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 pm

I'm currently working on a custom kryptek camo pattern
been playing around with my new airbrush and I love this effect
I traced a kryptek pattern with AutoCAD this morning
then used carbon paper to transfer it to some frog tape for a test
found I have to be careful about letting the stencil lines too thin or I have a frog take mess on my hands lol
I did save a bit to test paint and I really like the effect

thinking now I'm going to make a new custom pattern in CAD
then see if I can find a program like Ki's power goo not sure if its even out there anymore
just looking for something I can stretch and pull to get that effect

always got an eye on this site though you never know when some interesting shit might happen
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:48 pm

SilverTip wrote:
My bad. Yes, there is a reamer floating around. But the guy that has it, is awol at the moment.
He's had it for 6 months or so, so if he ever makes contact, i'll let you know.

That would be awesome Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Fung_13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   Wed May 25, 2016 11:27 pm

Well the family of Fung is on the move again. This time destination is unknown for I am retiring from the Army. Job search is in process. Hoping to head back west. looking for wide open shooting space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from NC   

Back to top Go down

Hello from NC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum :: Welcome to the world of Mosinitus!-
Jump to: