Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Help me fix a Mosin trigger.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ampersand

PostSubject: Help me fix a Mosin trigger.   Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:04 pm

First -- a disclaimer. This is NOT my rifle. A friend of my son bought himself a 91/30 a few years ago and he loves it. Unfortunately, the trigger has broken and he asked me for help. I've never taken one apart and I want to ask advice before I dismantle it.
The trigger is loose in the action. It seems to be pinned fine and pivots but there is no spring action. I assumed a broken spring and tried holding the trigger forward while pulling back on the bolt. The bolt pulled right out even though I was holding the trigger forward by hand. I was under the impression that there was no way the bolt could be removed unless the trigger is held back.
What am I looking at here? I know these are very simple triggers and I'd like to be able to disassemble, repair, and reassemble in one session. I'm now afraid I'll need more than a spring.
Come on folks ... give me the benefit of your experience. What parts should I have on hand before I being?
Should I go ahead and take it apart first then wait on parts? Anybody got a Mosin trigger assembly they'll trade or sell?
Thanks In Advance.
Back to top Go down
mogunner
Sponsor
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Help me fix a Mosin trigger.   Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:51 am

Hey, how many forums am I gonna have to answer this question on.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help me fix a Mosin trigger.   Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:54 pm

My pooter is actin up or I would post pics. Mad

They are easy as hell to take apart and reassemble buddy. I havent ever experienced this problem. Sounds like the trigger is so loose, that its catch is missing the front bolt catch. ? Or the trigger catch is worn off.

If you go to this link, and scroll down to the trigger group, part #1 is the spring that actually catches the bolt sear, and controls the firing pin forward movement. Part #3 is the trigger. You see the tit at the top? That part catches the forward bolt catch, preventing the bolt from being removed unless the trigger is pressed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you need any of those parts, I would go here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
ampersand

PostSubject: . . . . .   Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:08 pm

I only posted on 2 ... but I'll put it on as many others as you'd like. After all, your answers are great! They should be exosed to as many people as possible.
mogunner wrote:
Hey, how many forums am I gonna have to answer this question on.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've seen them apart and I believe the guys who have worked on them about their simplicity. I just didn't want to start without a lead on what to do. Thanks for the link. I'll try to get to it in the next few days. I'll take it apart as soon as the owner can be here so we can work together on it.
SilverTip wrote:
My pooter is actin up or I would post pics. Mad

They are easy as hell to take apart and reassemble buddy. I havent ever experienced this problem. Sounds like the trigger is so loose, that its catch is missing the front bolt catch. ? Or the trigger catch is worn off.

If you go to this link, and scroll down to the trigger group, part #1 is the spring that actually catches the bolt sear, and controls the firing pin forward movement. Part #3 is the trigger. You see the tit at the top? That part catches the forward bolt catch, preventing the bolt from being removed unless the trigger is pressed.

If you need any of those parts, I would go here
[I' ve deleted the links, the software doesn't like me quoting it]
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Help me fix a Mosin trigger.   Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Did you remedy this situation Amp? Are we safe from zombies now?
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
ampersand

PostSubject: Re: Help me fix a Mosin trigger.   Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:54 am

It is fixed and the trigger is much improved. Thanks for the support guys.
SilverTip wrote:
Did you remedy this situation Amp? Are we safe from zombies now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me fix a Mosin trigger.   

Back to top Go down

Help me fix a Mosin trigger.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1