Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Stock Bolt Spanner Wrench

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UncleJaque

PostSubject: Stock Bolt Spanner Wrench   Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 pm

I made this little spanner wrench out of a piece of junk I had clattering around the shop in order to make sure that the bolt was torqued up tight.

........[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After 70 years or so a wooden stock tends to dry out and shrink, and bolts that might have been tight back then are often found somewhat loose now - as I have observed to frequently be the case in these old milsurp rifles.

.........[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sure enough, all of my stock bolts in several M-44s that have passed through my shop as well as the M-91/30 took about a quarter turn to snug back up tight - which probably contributes to the stability and harmonic balance of the stock.

.........[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't know of anyone who sells these things, and they certainly don't come with the accessory tools that I'm aware of, so it comes in handy now and then.

........[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Zeiss Ikon

PostSubject: Re: Stock Bolt Spanner Wrench   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Nice -- of course, now I need to check the tightness of that bolt on my rifle; didn't even realize it was an issue before reading this...
Back to top Go down

Stock Bolt Spanner Wrench
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1