Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Another Use for that Accessory Kit Screwdriver:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
UncleJaque

PostSubject: Another Use for that Accessory Kit Screwdriver:   Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Someone said that the oval hole in the handle of the flat screwdriver tool included with your Mosin Nagant accessory kit:

..............[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...was to help remove the stock bands. Well, I never needed it for that, but I did discover one really jiffy use for it; removing a stuck socket bayonet!

.........[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just hold the socket release button in with one finger while using the screwdriver as a wrench.

........[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now your bayonet might be a nice sloppy fit (not that you run around with a fixed bayonet all the time, mind you) but some of them... like mine... are pretty darn snug. As a matter of fact I had to work the inside of the socket with sandpaper wrapped around a dowel to get it to fit on the barrel at all!

Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Use for that Accessory Kit Screwdriver:   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:04 am

I have heard of some VERY snug bayo's out there more than once. Never heard of anyone cleverly using this tool for that. Well done. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net

Another Use for that Accessory Kit Screwdriver:
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1