Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Hello, my name is James and I have Mosinitus!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamesrich

PostSubject: Hello, my name is James and I have Mosinitus!   Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:20 am

Hello Guys, I just found this sight while looking for a heavy barrel for a mosin. Unfortunately for me I think they are all gone. I definitely have mosinitus though, I have 12 so far which include two fin 39s, a fin captured 91-30 and a polish 22 trainer. Years ago I bought a bunch of barreled receivers and I just started playing with them now.

I cut one down to 16.5 inches, put it in a ATI stock, and will put a AMD65 muzzle break on it when ever I can find a lath to use. Talk about a flame thrower!

I am a machinist for an oil field company and currently run a mazak 650 integrex. I could do some really cool gun projects on this machine but they won't let me run gun projects at work.

I was looking for a heavy barrel to put together with a center balance stock I'm on the waiting list for. Does anyone have experience with center balance stocks?
Back to top Go down
Randy

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is James and I have Mosinitus!   Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You're way over my head with the stocks and with the gun projects. I have one and want more, the next being a lam stocked anything. Yeah, I just looked around too. No bull barrels left. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is James and I have Mosinitus!   Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:16 am

Hello James. Welcome!

I envy your pile of Mosins! pale

I hope the barrels arent gone. Sad Im supposed to order 3 next week.
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
jamesrich

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is James and I have Mosinitus!   Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 am

Thanks for the welcome guys. If you locate some more heavy barrels let me know. I could always get a barrel blank but they are more expensive and a lot more work. I rebarreled a M38 for my dad several years back in 45 long colt. It shot good but he never worked out the problems feeding from the magazine. Now that the prices have gone up so much for the M38s I wish we would have left it alone.

James
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is James and I have Mosinitus!   

Back to top Go down

Hello, my name is James and I have Mosinitus!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1