Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

7n1 ammo compared to standard 54r ammo (visual only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: 7n1 ammo compared to standard 54r ammo (visual only)   Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by SilverTip on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mosinitus.americantalk.net
mrhangover

PostSubject: Re: 7n1 ammo compared to standard 54r ammo (visual only)   Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:51 am

If you could point me in the direction of some 7N1 that doesn't cost an arm and a leg I'd be much obliged!

Actually the yellow and silver Hungarian heavy ball is what I really want, I would definitely sever a limb for that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 7n1 ammo compared to standard 54r ammo (visual only)   Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:15 pm

The 7n1 ammo is (or was) in short supply. I know the guy that imported it. He said it was accidentally imported. I dont recall the details of his story exactly, but was something like, he was buying everything that wasnt bolted down, and ended up with a load of 7n1. Dont know if thats true or not.

If you gotta have it, your best (and prolly only) bet would be the auction sites. However, if you want some match grade ammo, you would probably get better results reloading. And the cost would be cheaper (cause you can reload the same case multiple times). Ive heard people not having any better results using the 7n1 in their mosins. Perhaps because of the very slight neck/shoulder difference, and rifling engagement.

But, if thats not a viable option, and you must have match ammo, here is some commercially produced. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If that cost is too high, what I recommend is buying any surplus 188 stamped ammo. Any 54r stamped with 188 is made on the same production line as the 7n1. Doesnt mean its match grade. But it is damn accurate and consistent.

That Hungarian heavy steel core would be some nice stuff to have. Im sure the available quantities are growing ever smaller on that stuff.
You may have to scour the internet for that one. I wish I would have kept all my heavy ball. Instead, I shot it all up. Ive never seen or shot the yellow/silver. Man that would be awesome!

Last edited by SilverTip on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 7n1 ammo compared to standard 54r ammo (visual only)   Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:08 am

The cheapest Match Grade 54r yet (except for Brown Bear) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7n1 ammo compared to standard 54r ammo (visual only)   

Back to top Go down

7n1 ammo compared to standard 54r ammo (visual only)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1