Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Hello from Mesa,Az...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Salvo66US

PostSubject: Hello from Mesa,Az...   Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi Everyone!
I just found this site thru a link on Gunboards and thought I would check it out. I have several Mosins and as of now just one Finn M39. I have done some work to them.

To the M39 I added a repro Accumounts PE scope, a Huber Concepts trigger, added pillars and "bed" the receiver, floated the barrel, and had the bolt handle installed.

The '36 Izhevsk I added a repro Accumounts PE scope, added receiver shims from a M39,installed a Huber Concepts trigger, floated the barrel, had the muzzle crown cut with an 11 degree crown, and had the bolt handle installed.

The '43 Izhevsk PU was an original PU Sniper that I had a gunsmith friend of mine perform his touch's to and also re-tapped and mounted an original '43 PU scope back into place... He polished the bore, bed the receiver and trigger guard, floated the barrel, cut the 11 degree crown, performed his trigger work, installed the bolt handle and did the final finish on the stock...

I did the finish work on the other two rifles...

Just wanted to say "Hi!" and share my projects with you and hopefully watch the site grow into a great place! Smile

Steve

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Mesa,Az...   Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:02 am

Salvo66US wrote:

Just wanted to say "Hi!" and share my projects with you and hopefully watch the site grow into a great place! Smile

Steve

Man you dont mess around! Those is some damn nice looking Mosins! Great job. I love seein people tweek these ole guys how they want. I cant wait to see how that PU groups!
Back to top Go down
http://54rimroved.com
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Mesa,Az...   Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:03 am

Oh, and welcome aboard. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Salvo66US

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Mesa,Az...   Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks for the kind words and Welcome!
I just had the PU out for the first time a week or so ago and actually ran out of time to get it fully dialed in... I was able to get it to start grouping using 3-5rnd groups BUT was using some Bulgarian surplus ammo that came from a freshly opened "spam can" and they aren't all that accurate... I had been using Czech Silvertip from when I used to have a Romak III but that stuff was giving me fits with the dreaded "sticky bolt" syndrome. I am happy to report that I have since switched to using mineral spirits to clean cosmoline off and now after trying the Bulgarian stuff, I didn't have one issue with the "sticky bolt" using that ammo! In any of the 3 Mosins you see pictured! As for the PU, well, for all of them I am getting ready to switch to handloads and will keep the brass separated for each rifle and want to see what kind of groups I can get with them all... They all have great bores! Maybe I'll post in a different thread some better "up close" pics of each for your enjoyment. I like to be able to share the enjoyment that these old guns bring to those who can appreciate them! Wink
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Mesa,Az...   Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:45 am

Well, if you get camera happy, send me some pics, and I will try to replace the main sight photo, or the background. They are currently just images I found on the net. Would like to have atleast the main photo be a member image.
Im looking for a good 'rifling' pic also. I dont have a camera thats up to the task. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Mesa,Az...   

Back to top Go down

Hello from Mesa,Az...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum :: Welcome to the world of Mosinitus!-
Jump to: