Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum
Welcome to Mosinitus. The Mosin Nagant Builders Forum

This forum is geared toward the 54r shooter who constantly strives for more accuracy. You will never be chastised or banned for your opinions. Whether you like to collect, or modify these rifles, the path is yours.

HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Make a Donation to Mosinitus hereMake a Donation to Mosinitus here  

Share | 

Project Revenant: Heavy Barrel Mosin range reports

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Project Revenant: Heavy Barrel Mosin range reports   Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, this is the 3rd time ive got to shoot this thing and I love it. I still need to do more work like bedding and polish the crown. I think im gonna ditch this stock and get a Boyds. I know I definately have fitment problems since the rear tang chips away at the stock each time I shoot it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I could fit it better. But the wood this stock is made from is so light (not dense) that I really dont expect any repeatability from this setup without ALOT of bedding work. Each group got better and better as the day progressed (as the gun settled in to the stock?). Waiting a couple minutes between shots made the groups worse. Shooting the groups asap, made the best results. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyways, the best group I got so far yesterday, 100yds
New Winchester brass (not fire formed). 47.5gn IMR4350. Sierra Matchking 174gn
HPBT. I could have measured a little better. Was cold.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Those were the last 3 rounds, otherwise I would have went for a 5shot group. You can see the 5shot group to the right. Would have been under an inch except for that dang flyer. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://54rimroved.com
lewisabc123

PostSubject: Re: Project Revenant: Heavy Barrel Mosin range reports   Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Any chance your going to put that stock up for sale???
Back to top Go down
SilverTip
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Project Revenant: Heavy Barrel Mosin range reports   Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Probably not. A friend was wanting it. I will epoxy the cracks, and repair it and give it to him I think. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://54rimroved.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Revenant: Heavy Barrel Mosin range reports   

Back to top Go down

Project Revenant: Heavy Barrel Mosin range reports
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1